Schaumburg Jaycees partners with Hanover Township to help local kids start the school year off right!!
July 15, 2018
Hanover Township’s annual Backpack Distribution will take place on August 8th. The township says there is a large need for backpacks and supplies in the community, and their goal this year is 1,000 backpacks! The Schaumburg Jaycees has committed to help provide 50 backpacks for the township. The Jaycees have partnered with the Hanover Township in the past for the annual Wish Tree and Holiday Baskets, and this is the first year for school supplies! The most requested items include: backpacks, pencils/pens, notebooks, loose leaf paper, crayons/markers, glue sticks and scissors. We can’t do this alone!! Donations to help fill the backpacks with be accepted until July 31st at the following drop off
- Pilot Pete’s - 905 W Irving Park Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60193 (box located neat hostess stand)
- Streamwood Village Hall - 301 Irving Park Rd, Streamwood, IL 60107 (box located near cashiercounter)
- Rosati’s Pizza - 1770 W Wise Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60193 (box located near hostess stand)
- Poplar Creek Library - 1405 S Park Ave, Streamwood, IL 60107 (box located near circulation desk)
- Can’t find a donation box?! Don’t worry, just email email@example.com, and someone will contact you to get the supplies from you!
The Schaumburg Jaycees are a non-for-profit young adult leadership organization. For more information on this event or the Schaumburg Jaycees, please email: